Diploma General Nursing & Midwifery (DIPLOMA)
Course duration : 3 (Three) years ( Including 6 month Internship)
Eligibility : A candidate seeking admission to the Diploma General Nursing course which is of Three years duration should have passed the Higher Secondary Education Board in either Science or General Stream with min 45% of marks or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto and must have attained the age of not less than 17 years and not more than 35 years. Candidate should be medically fit.
Scope / Outcome :
After DGNM course she can be able to...
- do further specialization in various short term courses
- do Post Basic Nsg., M.Sc. Nsg., PhD
- work as Nursing Officer ( As per new designation )
- be promoted as Ward In-charge, Nursing Superintendent
- work as Nursing Officer in Railway hospital, Military hospital, Govt. Hospital, Health Centres - Primary & Community
- work as Occupational Health Nurse in industry
- work as Nursing Staff in ambulance services
- work as Registered Nurse across the globe
- work as Community Health Officer at Health and wellness center